Air Curtains Refrigeration & Cold Storage | Mars Air Doors
Cold storage is expensive. Temperature requirements for every stage of the cold chain are critical to keep food safety issues at bay and products safe.
The mere act of receiving product can raise the temperature of the cold box significantly and tax the cooling system. Your utility bill rises, your condenser and evaporator work harder and condensation, pooling water, and slippery floors show up as uninvited “guests”. Humidity levels can add additional complexity. So, What is an air curtain in cold storage? It is a machine that can help:
- Provide an invisible shield that eliminates the need for dirty, visibility-reducing plastic strips
- Establish a sanitary shield of protection that doesn’t reduce visibility or inhibit staff movement
- Reduce energy spend by stabilizing cold box storage conditions
- Protect goods from damage resulting from temperature fluctuations
- Separate cold storage spaces with differing temperature needs
- Reduce burdens on HVACR equipment
Condensation, ice, and dripping water in cold storage units find remedy with Mars.
Cold storage unit temperatures are stabilized and compressors are less taxed with Mars units providing support.
How Refrigeration & Cold Storage is Better
with Air Curtains
Stabilize Cold Temps
Save $$ & Reduce Energy Spend
Clear & Visibility +
No Plastic Strips
Stop Pooling Water & Condensation
Unburden HVAC Equipment
With over 50 years of experience in the air curtain industry, Mars Air Systems has installed air doors in numerous application settings, from the simplest entrances and dock receiving doors to more elaborate installations in convention centers and large production facilities.