How To Choose The Right Air Door
Admin on July 20, 2021
How to Choose the Right Air Door for Your Business & Consider Application, Climatic Conditions and Aesthetic Preferences
Selecting the right air door is an important decision for your business — after all, your air curtain might be among the first impressions that customers have or could be responsible for maintaining a necessary level of sanitation.
Here are the factors you should consider when choosing an air door for your business:
Mounting Height and Opening Sizes Dictate Choices
The size of the window or door opening will dictate the right air door/air curtain you select. This is important not only to determine the length of the unit you need but also to ensure that you are selecting a model of the right design and sufficient power.
When recess mounting and concealment are important (for aesthetics, for example), the Mars Phantom is an excellent choice. This unit is recess-mounted, making it essentially out of sight, without sacrificing a single bit of functionality compared with other units.
Industrial application in challenging climates — that is, climate zones where wind gusts or summer/winter temperatures make it a challenge to economically maintain the interior environment — are ideal to benefit from the energy savings of an air door.
The following are some of our options for creating energy savings and more sustainable buildings in such environments:
- EP2 units: Our EP (Extra Power) series is another popular option for handling strong wind gusts, with 3 horsepower motors and a mounting height of up to 16 feet.
- WMI/WMH units: Our WMI units provide heavy industrial-grade wind stopping power. With AMCA certification and 2-3 horsepower motors, these units handle challenging wind gusts that would otherwise compromise the air isolation of the interior space.
- Windguard BD units: This belt-drive unit is perfect for large industrial spaces and can include gas and steam/hot water heating. These mount between 14 feet and 30 feet.
Make sure you choose the right unit that will keep the outdoors ... out. Mars has air door units to boost sustainability and productivity in every environment.
Spaces With High Sanitation Needs Can Maintain Clean Standards
In foodservice, high-tech, medical and other sanitation-sensitive industries, clean air is absolutely critical. Pests, particulates, pollution and other contaminants need to be kept out to ensure safe operations.
The Sanitation and Clean Air Series(CAS) are some of the ways you can increase sanitation with an air door:
- ETL Sanitation-NSF 37Certified Units: For food service, take advantage of our ETL Sanitation-certified air doors. This mark indicates the equipment is suitable for use in food production or consumption and is approved by NSF (National Sanitation Foundation).
- Sanitation Units (N2): These unit capitalize on the design success of the LoPro series while adding ETL Sanitation certification. Choose it for any foodservice applications — it mounts up to 7 feet.
- Choose our HEPAC system: Our HEPAC system offers unprecedented sanitation with a true UL 900 HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter that captures 99.97% of all microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns. With an optional upgrade to ULPA (Ultra‐Low Penetration Air), these units can capture 99.995% of particles down to 0.12 microns — the size of most viruses includingSARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19.
Mars Sanitation and CAS can often provide all of the supplemental sanitation your facility needs (Mars HEPAC® with True HEPA filtration or Mars UVC® for odor removal and virus/pathogen removal) while providing climate and flying insect control.
Choose Ultra-Quiet Units If Sound Is An Issue
Choosing a unit with low sound output can enhance the feel of luxury to align with your brand’s look and feel. Units like our QuietPro® are perfect for the following settings:
- Retail spaces
- High-end commercial spaces
- Fine dining
The QuietPro® 10 has the following benefits:
- Half the sound output of traditional air curtains
- Anti-vibration technology
- A refined shape for a more refined or luxurious look
Due to its elliptical shape and lightweight anodized aluminum finish, QuietPro® 10 is also a great choice when the question of aesthetics is important.
Choose Mars for Every Application
No matter your industry, application, climatic needs or sound preference, Mars has industry-leading air doors for every setting.
- Environmental control
- Insect control
- Restaurants & Foodservice
- Customer Entrance Doors
- Restaurant & Foodservice
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Transportation & Terminals
- Health Care & Hospitals
- Pest Control
- Refrigeration & Cold Storage
- Educational Institutions
- Custom & Specialty
- Entertainment Venue
- Community Outreach